Thursday, January 27, 2011

Texas Toast




"your going against evolution when you don't eat meat!" My response: "well, evolution is change, correct?" "yes" "By that logic, if you continue to do what your ancestors did, you are resisting change, and therefore, YOU are going against evolution!" Case closed.

I've enjoyed the intelligence of today. I've never really thought of myself as a good debater, I'm relatively relaxed and I can't say I have the same "fiery personality" that both my roommates have. That said, I've been questioned about my convictions, often unduly, for many years of my life, and have formulated quite a library of scientific evidence to back them up. I guess I am addicted to research, in many ways knowledge is my drug of choice. It's strange to think that there was a period of my life where I stopped seeking knowledge at all. I never planned to go to college, and I didn't plan a viable future for myself. How things have changed. One of my life goals is to make a significant contribution to science. I would love to publish a paper with my name in the first line. I guess that's one thing I can confidently and consistently pursue, despite my varied interests, I know that I am not the type who will ever say, "Well, thats enough. I think I've got it now. I'm done." I will always want to know more, a characteristic that applies to people as well. It's frustrating when that information is made inaccessible to me, and it's frustrating when that information is purposefully altered or omitted.
I think my heart belongs more to everyone than it ever will to one particular individual. I care. It is my greatest strength and my fatal flaw. It will never, never change. I need someone who both understands, and appreciates that.

No comments:

Post a Comment