Monday, January 17, 2011

Daydreamer







Photos: Cupcakes and Cashmere

Today was very unproductive. I feel as if I am reaching an impasse in every relationship, or pseudo-relationship, that I've been a part of. I feel the need to constantly surround myself with new people, and to start something new so that I forget what hasn't worked out in the past.

Truth time: I like you. A lot. You make me feel beautiful, and you compliment me and you don't talk over me like others do. Furthermore, you seem genuinely honored to be with me, and you enjoy my whimsy and rambling and flighty mindedness, as well as my witty retorts and candidness. I don't feel suppressed by you. In fact, I feel like I could take you anywhere and we'd have a great time together. I like talking to you, I would love to talk for hours
but we never seem to get that chance lately. Was all that really a month ago? You warned me about your tendency to lose contact, perhaps I should have listened. I was distracted by your mouth you know. It has the cutest smile.
I worry that you find me to young for your life's plan of action. That you let the distance be a factor when considering me. It frustrates me that I don't get the chance to know you better, to show you what i can offer. I just don't want to be written off so quickly just yet.
I am a daydreamer, and these daydreams are for you, pictures of what our daydream life is like. I want you to know, I would truly feel lucky to have you. And I would devote myself to endlessly trying to make you happy. It's not naive. It's not deluded. It's not under false pretenses that you have no flaws, nor that a relationship would end in happily ever after. It's just that I want to have a go. Truth.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it takes a while, but sometimes daydreams come true.

    ReplyDelete