Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Angel and the Devil.


Its funny how life only plays one way, but our brains come with a full set of controls: stop, fast forward, rewind. It's almost like having a million second chances, to relive an event in the most effective, optimal fashion. Karate chop! The reasons are many: the perfect comeback, to keep from saying that, to keep from doing that...If I could just go back and fix it, if i could just...if I could....if if if.

If I could just go back, and be what you deserved.

Stop.
You called me a hollow shell of a person, demure and docile, I'm never looking for a fight...She sells seashells...I know what you want, a strong woman, a spit fire. Someone who doesn't need you. You won't hold my hand and walk me through life. You can't bring me home, I can't bring you home...by the seashore...I slur my words with what I've done to myself. Damage Case. It's not your job to pick up the pieces, if you're going to do it, you'll find a reason. There are many reasons.

Fast Forward.
I'm beautiful, your beautiful, we're all fucking beautiful. Perfectly flawed. Save yourself. If you can be what I need then become it. Look whose trying to change me. Not for you, for me. Hollow shell, fight back, fight back, fight back! You want a reaction, you want a flame...you want a starting place. Who knew rationality was a sin. I hit the "skip" button in life, pass over the mushroom cloud and pick up at the glorious finale.
I got the message, sealed with a kiss, goodbye goodbye, until next time young chap.

Thoughts. The everliving flood of them. Inbox, outbox, inbox, outbox. A ten car pile up in my head. Alone at last. Down the hatch, wash off the day, wash them down. Better. Fragment. Hollow shell.

Rewind.

No comments:

Post a Comment