Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Studio Time


 




Welcome to my life. So here's the story of my day that I didn't tell you yesterday because I was too tired. Not that I'm not tired now, I just had a venti coffee with hazelnut (don't leave room for cream bitches (jip me outta ma xtra inch of caffeine goodness)) so now I can't sleep. Lately coffee hasn't really helped me be un-tired, it's just helped me be non-asleep...Anyway, back to that story.

So I awoke with a rainy day, as usual, Atlanta hates me, and washed my jeans for this shoot, and put shoes in a bag and the usual stuff. I hopped in the car and got gas...thieving bastards $3.59 a gallon? wtf is up with that?...and drove to the address Stewart gave me, which led me to what appeared to be a replica of an old 1800's village that had clearly seen its better days. Yes. There were goats. And a rooster. And a dog with a green mohawk. I parked and went across the wooden porch of Building 6 and opened the wooden door and went up the wooden stairs, where a black cat stuck its tongue out at me. Awesome. 2nd door...on the left. Stewart. Door opens, and Whoa...Studio. Like, for real studio. Apparently it's where they broadcast Armada FM radio. Not a home basement studio with a backdrop and lights, but for real studio. Warehouse loft style, with set pieces and hidden rooms, huge walls different colors, and clothing racks, tables, and at least 12 people at Candy's beck and call. I was styled by tons of people. Gold dress. Expensive? Yes. I got to wear my own leather jacket though. So then I got my hair done, again, by several people, and then my makeup. Loved the makeup artist too, she was so sweet! So then we did the shoot with Drew Crozier, for hair and clothes I think and also some mock-balyage highlighting which turned out to be temprah paint in my hair. Cool. Basically, it was awesome, and I had an amazing time. And I got to hang out with some funny, crazy, creative people, which might have just been the best part!

No comments:

Post a Comment