Monday, March 14, 2011

Battlestar Galactica, Stargate, Firefly

Ok. Confession number two...ish. I am a huge nerd. Huge. Under this normal-looking, if not a little spacy-seeming exterior, I worship at the throne of three things: coffee, science, and the SyFy channel. The latter of which was brought to fruition at approximately 11:02 a.m. in CCI this morning after the following events transpired:

1) David Gutman and Dhananjaya approached me in the hall
2) DJ pointed and said, "look, you're both Stargate fans"
3) I transformed into a gigantic nerd and on commenced a heated discussion about the Ori and Goa'uld.

It was joined by another fellow "Is this a Stargate conversation?" Yes. Yes it is. On and On. Atlantis. Universe. I name dropped Battlestar Galactica. Firefly. Nathan Fillion. Joss Whedon. Part of me is in disbelief that I actually know who these people are and why they are so awesome, and part of me is elated that I'm having this conversation in the first place. Sooooo AMAZING. And, the lady next to the filing cabinet who could overhear the conversation turned to me and told me she felt like she was in an episode of The Big Bang Theory, which I've decided to take as a compliment. Excellent day.

No comments:

Post a Comment